Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

NetGalley for the Win!

I have used NetGalley on and off for many years. I love that I can get galleys of books without having to worry about what to do with the physical copy when I am done, but I also miss having copies to pass on to kids when I finish. The biggest bonus for me of having access to e-galleys is being able to preview books that I might consider for MS, but am not sure about. Sometimes books end up slanting more toward the HS range, so I'm glad I have previewed them instead of ordering and hoping.

This is a roundup of my NetGalley reads from the past couple of weeks:

Bennett, Jenn The Anatomical Shape of a Heart Two artists: one who draws cadavers, one who is a notorious graffiti artist. They meet by chance one night at a train station and form an instant connection.














Coutts, Alexandra Young Widows Club Just weeks after getting married to her high school sweetheart, 17-year-old Tam becomes a widow. This tear-jerker follows Tam as she goes through therapy and picks up the pieces of her life.
Huang, Charlotte For the Record After losing a reality singing competition, Chelsea is recruited into a band. The most important rule? No hook-ups between band members. What happens if someone breaks the rule?

Redgate, Riley seven ways we lie Seven high school students, seven perspectives, seven deadly sins to avoid. I just started this one and am looking forward to untangling the plot.













NetGalley allows librarians to enter their ALA membership number so that publishers know they are professional readers. You can be pre-approved by publishers so that you can be automatically download their titles. How have you used NetGalley or other professional preview sources to enhance your practice?

No comments:

Post a Comment